Software Accreditation – What It Means for You
At ChampSoft, we have been developing accredited software for many years. Our accreditation process is there to ensure compliance. You do not have to have us accredit the software that we develop for you, but it has a number of advantages if you do.
We are continually monitoring and improving our accreditation criteria and now focus on the following points:
- Provision of criteria framework structured by impact management
- Criteria assessed to align with the right impact management rubric
- Updates to criteria based on various methodological updates
Overall, to have accredited software, it must meet all of your customers’ needs.
Advantages of Accreditation
There are many benefits of ensuring that the software we develop for you is accredited and meets your needs. They include:
- Giving customers confidence in your tool that it can be used with accuracy
- Use the ‘accredited by’ logo on your website, promotional materials, and software
- Having the software listed in the accredited software/tools section of our directory
- Find ways to improve functionality in your software
- Create articles announcing that the software is accredited, which can be distributed through social media platforms and in newsletters
The Accreditation Process
In most cases, accreditation lasts for two years. The pricing is lower for renewals and higher for new applications. Regardless, it is best to understand the full accreditation process before you apply.
Before the Application
The first step is to understand the criteria for accreditation. This details the functionality your software platform needs in order to be accredited.
With that, the accreditation review includes a guide for users of the software. This is taken as part of the criteria to become accredited.
Need more info? Arrange a Chat
The accreditation process then moves to the application stage. Once you’re confident that the software has the right functionality, we ask that you fill out an online application.
Once you apply, the steps are as follows:
- Confirmation – We confirm that your application was received.
- Provide Access – You must give us access to the software, such as login details or a copy. Ideally, we want a sample or template to help us cross-check the documentation you provided when you applied.
- Formal Review – We offer a formal review when we have fully checked the software. This can be completed in person or remotely. Here, the accreditation team discusses the evidence you provide. You may also demonstrate functionality when necessary.
- Amendment Period – If more work is required, you have up to six months from the formal review date to make them.
- Accreditation – When the amendments are finished, or your formal review is complete, you are granted accreditation because all criteria points were addressed.
What’s the Amendment Period (in Detail)
The amendment period runs for six months from the date of your formal review. You can submit your software for accreditation again before the amendment period ends. However, you must provide evidence of the changes you made.
Following the re-submission, we conduct another formal review to discuss the new changes and allow you to demonstrate functionality. Then, a final decision is made as to whether or not the software is accredited through our company.
Why Choose ChampSoft
Choosing ChampSoft for software accreditation gives your customers confidence in your apps. We can help you get the software that we develop for you accredited so that you can use it as a marketing tactic and showcase it on your website.
In addition to our accreditation service, we are of course stringent about meeting our own accreditation requirements. Here, we look at two of them.
ChampSoft have worked in the health sector for many years. It is one of the most demanding sectors of all when it comes to ensuring compliance activities around data. The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996 is the compliance standard for the sector. ChampSoft are HIPAA compliant, which means that we have to train our staff every four months. HIPAA is an integral part of our quality management solution. The key facets of HIPAA compliance are as follows:
Audits must be performed regularly in order to identify risk in particular to data handling. This could be an internal or external audit.
Recovery plans must be in place in order to address problems or risks particularly when it comes to data handling.
Document management systems must be in place to ensure document control systems are clear, simple and structured. This will ensure data and workflow management is compliant.
Security solutions must be in place to mitigate the risk of data breaches
ISO 9001/ 2015
As you should expect, ChampSoft has been through the ISO 9001/2015 accreditation process. It is at the heart of our dedication to continuous improvement.
ISO 9001 is a comprehensive accreditation process that takes a holistic approach to performance, quality and efficiency. Each aspect of the standard will help improve quality. The key facets of ISO 9001/2015 compliance are as follows:
Requirements Management Implementing ISO 9001 will help prioritise requirements in any particular project, and in doing so help consistency and predictability.
Design and Code Reviews are integral pieces of ISO 9001, and will ensure code is complete, testable and consistent.
Verification and Validation This element of the standard will ensure that those who manage testing and QA are competent and properly trained, and assessments are fit for purpose.
Defect Tracking and Resolution ISO 9001 provides a structured approach to identifying, capturing and cataloguing defects.
Configuration Management Software development projects can be complex and can consist of a multitude of interacting components. These can be controlled successfully with a configuration management system.
Release and Maintenance ISO 9001/2015 will ensure that quality control exists after development has completed. The standard emphasises the importance of the complete product life cycle.